South African Federation for Mental Health
The South African Federation for Mental Health (SAFMH) is a non-governmental organisation (NGO) that aims to coordinate, monitor and promote services for persons with intellectual disability, psychosocial disability, as well as to promote mental health and wellbeing for all South Africans.
The SAFMH seeks to appoint a Programme Manager - Information and Awareness, based in Ferndale, Gauteng.
The successful incumbent will provide direction, expertise, and leadership in the successful management of SAFMH’s awareness programmes, along with generating and managing all Mental Health-related information for use in campaigns, by the press, partners and members of the public. The Manager will be taking responsibility for developing all SAFMH’s publicity materials, liaising with partners, and providing high-level programmatic and administrative support to the Deputy and National Executive Directors.
- Plan, develop, implement, monitor and evaluate a range of annual, national mental health awareness programmes;
- Designing and developing publicity, educational and awareness materials and strategically distributing these to raise awareness of mental health issues at a national level;
- Write articles for newspapers, magazines and other publications;
- Media liaison, including the development and dissemination of regular press releases;
- Develop and manage SAFMH’s various social media platforms;
- Liaise with government departments, partner organisations, stakeholders and corporates about the promotion of mental health messages at a national level;
- Collect, on an ongoing basis, information on mental health and produce factsheets, infographics and other information resources;
- Developing SAFMH as a national Resource Centre for mental health;
- Report writing.
- The position requires a highly energetic and vibrant person to drive the Resource Centre in an enthusiastic and innovative way;
- Relevant degree such as BA degree in Psychology;
- Minimum of three years’ experience at Programme Manager or equivalent level;
- Experience in awareness programme development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation is essential;
- Experience in researching content and conceptualising national awareness programmes;
- Graphic design skills;
- High level of literacy and excellent written and admin skills are essential;
- Good communication skills and the ability to liaise with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Experience in strategy development at a national level;
- Project management skills;
- Experience and knowledge of the Mental Health and NGO Sectors in South Africa;
- Strategic thinker and able to use initiative and work autonomously;
- Highly organised, enthusiastic and results driven;
- Valid driver’s license.
Salary packages will be determined based on experience and qualifications.
To apply, submit a CV, motivation letter and contactable referees to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 011 326 0625, marked confidential to The Deputy Director, Private Bag X 3053, Randburg, 2125 by 16h00.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
If you do not receive a response to your application within 30 days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about the SA Federation for Mental Health, refer to www.safmh.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.