Title: South Africa Director of Programs
Reports to: Infinite Family Executive Director
Education: Bachelor’s degree (Post-graduate degree, preferred)
Experience: At least seven (7) years of demonstrated team leadership and community-based program administration
About Infinite Family: Infinite Family, U.S. is an American 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Infinite Family, South Africa is a NGO and PBO. Together we provide video mentoring to South African students who are underserved, without adult role models, and who face a future of limited economic opportunity. We currently partner with NGOs in Soweto, Alexandra, and Alan Manor. In July, we launch our new state of the art mentoring lab and begin mentoring in partnership with schools.
Our core belief is that through mentoring, African students have a better chance of becoming self-reliant adults. Our mission is to promote self-reliance—to augment what’s taught in the classroom and the home to develop responsible, resourceful, prepared students as they get ready for their lives as young adults.
The model is rooted in personal, sustained relationships, making it innovative and powerful. Our mentors are role models who teach, discuss, challenge, and encourage; they are agents of self-reliance. Infinite Family’s volunteer video mentors are located in 58 countries, including South Africa, and 39 U.S. states. Eighty percent of the training and support staff is located in South Africa. For more information please visit, www.infinitefamily.org.
The South Africa Director of Programs:
- Develops and enhances Infinite Family’s mentoring program in accordance with Infinite Family’s mission and vision.
- Represents Infinite Family in-country to the external community in order to build and maintain positive relationships.
- Leads local activities to secure funds, donations and grants to meet the budgetary requirements of the program.
- Increases the number of children served.
- Monitors and reports on the effectiveness and impact of the program.
- Creates and leads an effective and efficient team of Program Staff.
I. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates and executes strategies to grow and enhance the Infinite Family Program in South Africa (and other countries), in cooperation with staff and NGO partners, and in line with Infinite Family’s mission statement.
- Leads development of key partnerships with corporations, foundations, and individuals in Africa to assist with Infinite Family funding and growth. Contributes to fundraising and grant writing, targeting key stakeholders and potential partners in South Africa. **Knowledge of fundraising and the donor world is essential.**
- Cultivates and strengthens relationships with NGOs, schools, after-school programs, and other venues where the Infinite Family program can increase the number of children served and the impact of video mentoring.
- Contributes to marketing opportunities that support Infinite Family goals and objectives, including print and social media, public speaking, and outreach to increase Infinite Family visibility and reach. Collaborates on Infinite Family communications (Infinite Family electronic newsletter, mentor outreach, social media, and print collateral). Conducts webinars and presentations for potential partners and interested individuals.
- Sets program growth objectives in collaboration with the Executive Director and in conjunction with NGO partners. Supervises the recruitment, training, and retention of video mentors to serve more children. Develops and improves program platform; implements enhancements for improvement and growth. Builds participation in the platform at all levels.
- Monitors and improves systems to manage, measure and evaluate Video Mentors/Mentees and the impact of the Infinite Family program. Supervises evaluation of the impact of curricula on our participating youth in five key skill areas: communications, academics, life skills, technology, and career preparation. Reports to Executive Director (and Board of Directors), demonstrating initiative by proposing new ideas, increasing program effectiveness and efficiency, and participating in on-going IF evaluation and management.
- Monitors staff development and CRM (Salesforce) upkeep and effectiveness. Identifies ways to improve Salesforce effectiveness and efficiency. Creates incentives and rewards for staff and volunteers who achieve goals and navigate successful crisis interventions. Participates in the annual budget process to establish and monitor program expenses. Ensures compliance with all government regulations.
II. Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree required (Graduate degree, preferred)
- At least seven (7) years of demonstrated team leadership and community-based program administration
- Experience with mentoring, family, and/or at risk youth development programs is essential
- Established relationships with decision-makers at corporations and foundations that align with Infinite Family’s mission and work
III. Other Requirements
- Legal working status in South Africa
- Resident in the Johannesburg area
- Ability to travel several times a year for 3-5 days, twice a year for up to two weeks
- Valid driver’s license and access to personal transportation vehicle.
- Languages: Strong written and verbal English language skill is required, isiZulu or Afrikaans fluency is preferred
Compensation and benefits will be commensurate with experience. Cell phone and Internet stipend will be included.
Please send a two page resume with a one-page cover letter that demonstrates how your experience will help to advance the Infinite Family mission, along with your salary expectations to: email@example.com
Candidates who advance to the second round of interviews will undergo a background check and clearance process. References and work samples will be requested prior to second interviews.
While we would like to respond personally to every application, unfortunately this will not be possible. Applicants not contacted by Monday, October 15 should consider their applications to have been unsuccessful.
Application Deadline: August 3, 2012
Notice of Nondiscriminatory Policy
Infinite Family does not discriminate in hiring practices against any adults above legal minor status, whether married or single, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by fair employment regulations under US law.