SOS Children's Villages South Africa
SOS Children’s Villages is a social development organisation, focussing on the care, protection and development of children and youth who are orphaned or vulnerable. Our mission is to build families for children in need, help them to shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities.
We are in the process of recruiting a Child Rights Advocacy for the National Association
The Advocacy will be responsible for:
- Contributes to national advocacy activities and to the development of advocacy policies, guidelines and tools;
- Identify and support capacity building needs on Advocacy, provide guidance, support and leadership to all Facility staff;
- Management of budget related to own activities;
- Develop and establish programmes that will serve in the improvement of children's conditions;
- Represent the organisation in all relevant and external forums;
The Advocacy will be expected to:
- Ensure the development of effective administration systems;
- Support the Programme Development team to develop and reach the strategic objectives and targets for the national association;
- Identify pressing child rights issues relevant for the national association supporting the development of advocacy activities on these issues;
- Ensure appropriate and effective usage of the association`s resources
- Ensure good relations with the local government structures and the community;
- Offer consultancy and guidance, monitoring and evaluating advocacy work in national association understand the organisation and its strategic objectives;
- Ensure good compliance of the association`s policies and procedures as well as the international standards governing the association.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- A Diploma in social sciences, child welfare or other relevant qualifications;
- Minimum of three years’ experience in social development, child and human rights NGO sector or other relevant experience;
- Atleast three years of management experience in the same or related field;
- Good knowledge of children’s rights and rights-based approaches in development programmes as well as awareness and understanding of social development issues such as education, health, HIV/AIDS and gender equality;
- Excellent command of English and good communication skills both written and verbal;
- Knowledge of the SOS Model will be an added advantage;
- Computer literacy in MS Office.
The successful incumbent must be a highly motivated and organised individual, able to work independently, use initiative and keep commitments. Willingness to travel frequently and a valid driver’s license are a must.
A detailed job description is available on request.
Closing date: 30 May 2014
Email applications to: The Human Resources Manager: email@example.com
Fax applications to: The Human Resources Department: 011 234 4844
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
For more information about the SOS Childrens Villages South Africa, refer to www.sos.org.za.