SOS Children's Villages South Africa
SOS Children’s Villages is a social development organisation, focussing on the care, protection and development of children and youth who are orphaned or vulnerable. Our mission is to build families for children in need, help them to shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities.
SOS Children’s Villages seeks to appoint a Social Worker, based in Cape Town.
- Ensure that the procedures for the admission (and departure) of children into (and from) the SOS Children’s Village are properly followed;
- Provide advice, guidance and support to the SOS Mothers and working closely with them to plan appropriate programmes for the development of each child;
- As part of the Village team, s/he supports the other staff members on issues relating to the Mothers and children;
- Ensure that proper admission and departure procedures are followed;
- Perform detailed administrative and social work duties with regards to children’s court enquiries;
- Ensure that the basic needs of each child within the programme are assessed and addressed;
- Support staff members by providing supervision and counselling;
- Be a contributing member of the management team;
- Develop and maintain good relationships with government and other stakeholders;
- Development and implement developmental programmes for children.
- Have a driver’s licence;
- Current registration with SACSSP as a social worker (proof to be provided on application);
- Minimum two years relevant work experience;
- Have experience in alternative care of children, including child protection policies and legislation;
- Knowledge and experience of therapeutic work with children, especially within a child and youth care context;
- Fully computer literate and have experience in compiling formal and professional reports;
- Willingness to work flexi-time and irregular hours.
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter to Macia Cannon on Marcia.email@example.com or fax to +27 21 531 9868.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only successfully shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For more about SOS Childrens Villages South Africa, refer to www.sos.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.