SOS Children's Villages South Africa
SOS Children’s Villages South Africa, an affiliate member of SOS-Kinderdorf International, is a dynamic social development organisation. We take action for orphaned and vulnerable children by building and strengthening families for them to live in and grow with love, respect and security.
The association is currently recruiting for a Fundraiser based at the National office.
- Responsible for the acquisition of new individual donors;
- Responsible for the retention of current donors;
- Responsible for the development of pledge donors;
- Achieve target;
- Develops a business plan to achieve targets and manage any shortfalls;
- Development, management and evaluation of Face to Face fundraising campaigns;
- Development, management and evaluation of Telemarketing fundraising campaigns;
- Development, management and evaluation of Direct Mail fundraising campaigns;
- Development, management and evaluation of Digital fundraising campaigns;
- Continuously identify, execute and evaluate new campaign concepts;
- Service level agreements are put in place with service providers and monitored;
- Manage and execute interactions with individual donors.
- Relevant Diploma or Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Sales or equivalent;
- Minimum two years practical experience with proven record of achieving set targets;
- Previous experience in a NPO an advantage;
- Excellent writing, communication, creative thinking and computer skills;
- Proven ability to interact with people on various levels with exceptional interpersonal skills;
- Willingness to visit programme activities in all areas including informal settlements;
- Willingness to work within the SOS Children’s Villages ethos and fundraising principles;
- Valid driver’s licence with own vehicle.
- A competitive remuneration package;
- Interesting opportunities to develop as well as a chance to use your skills in a dynamic environment whilst impacting the life of a child.
In accordance with the organisation’s child protection policy, all employment is subject to applicable background checks, including criminal record checks.
Interested individuals should send a detailed CV and motivation letter along with two traceable references to email@example.com, or fax to +27 (011) 234 4844.
Applications received after 30 May 2014 will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.