SOS Children's Villages: Fundraiser
SOS Childrens Villages
SOS Children's Villages seeks to appoint a Fundraiser, based in KwaZulu-Natal.
Due to operational requirements, this will be a six-month contract position.
- Secure financial and in kind support from external bodies in line with the National Association’s annual target;
- Build relationships with potential and existing funders;
- Research prospective funders;
- Write funding proposals and progress reports;
- Data capturing and recording of funding status;
- Establish and maintain a positive image of the National Association.
- Relevant diploma or degree in marketing, public relations, sales or equivalent;
- Minimum two years practical experience with proven record of achieving set targets;
- Previous experience in a NPO will be an advantage;
- Excellent writing, communication, creative thinking and computer skills;
- Proven ability to interact with people on various levels with exceptional interpersonal skills;
- Willingness to visit programme activities in all areas including informal settlements;
- Willingness to work within the SOS Children’s Villages ethos and fundraising principles;
- Valid driver’s licence and own vehicle.
In accordance with the organisation’s child protection policy, all employment is subject to applicable background checks, including criminal record checks.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of two referees and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about the SOS Children's Village South Africa, refer to www.sosvillages.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.