SOS Children’s Villages
SOS Children’s Villages is a social development organisation, focussing on the care, protection and development of children and youth who are orphaned or vulnerable. Our mission is to build families for children in need, help them to shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities.
We are in the process of recruiting a Village Administrator to be based at our Pietermaritzburg Village
The Village Administrator Will Be Expected To:
- Assist the Village Director and management team in the preparation and implementation of financial budgets;
- Monitor and evaluate the handling and control of all financial and human resources transaction in the Village;
- Ensure that all financial and human resources policies and procedures are adhered to in all programmes;
- Assist with the disbursements of funds in the FSP and FBC to ensure compliance with set policy;
- Maintain an updated asset register;
- Participate in preparations for audits as well as budgeting
Minimum Qualifications, Experience And Skills Required:
- A Bookkeeping Diploma or equivalent qualification;
- At least five (5) years hands-on experience as a bookkeeper;
- Demonstrated experience in procurement procedures and asset management;
- Experience in security and fleet management an added advantage;
- Must be an highly organised and detail oriented individual able to work independently and keep commitments;
- Valid driver’s licence a must.
The successful incumbent will be joining a team that is undergoing rapid and dynamic organisational change, and must be willing to be very flexible in their work, accepting that their job description will be subject to changes in line with the SOS Children’s Village Programme Policy.
Closing Date For Applications: 6 February 2015
Email Applications To: The Village Director on firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax to: +27 11 234 4844