SOS Children's Village - South Africa
SOS Children’s Villages South Africa, an affiliate member of SOS-Kinderdorf International, is a dynamic social development organisation. It takes action for orphaned and vulnerable children by building and strengthening families for them to live in and grow with love, respect and security.
SOS Rustenburg Village (SMI Model) seeks to appoint a Village Director, based in Ennerdale, Johannesburg.
- Manage and support the development of programmes within and around the Facility;
- Ensure the development of effective financial and administration systems within the Village;
- Provide guidance, support and leadership to all Facility staff and lead the development of the FBC and FPS programmes;
- Ensure effective monitoring and evaluation to facilitate continued improvement of Programmes;
- Develop and establish programmes in line with agreed plans and objectives;
- Develop and implement effective financial and administrative procedures to strengthen accountability within the facility;
- Represent the organisation and FSPs at relevant and external forums;
- Develop an effective and committed team within the Facility.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in humanities – an accredited childcare qualification is an added advantage;
- Minimum of five years hands-on supervisory experience;
- Knowledge of children’s rights and rights-based approaches in development programmes as well as awareness and understanding of social development issues such as education, health, HIV/Aids and gender;
- Experience in Risk Management is an advantage;
- Excellent command of the English Language and good communication skills both written and verbal;
- Be prepared to live in at the SOS Facility.
Salary: A competitive remuneration package will be offered.
This is an interesting opportunities to develop as well as a chance to use your skills in a dynamic environment whilst impacting the life of a child.
In accordance with the organisation’s child protection policy, all employment is subject to applicable background checks, including criminal record checks.
To apply, submit a detailed CV and motivation letter along with two traceable references to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Application for Village Director (Ennerdale)’ in the subject line.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Applications received after the 30 July 2013 will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about SOS Children’s Villages South Africa, refer to www.sos.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.