SOS Children's Villages
SOS Children’s Villages South Africa, an affiliate member of SOS-Kinderdorf International, is a dynamic social development organisation. It takes action for orphaned and vulnerable children by building and strengthening families for them to live in and grow with love, respect and security.
SOS Rustenburg Village (SMI Model) seeks to appoint a National Director, based in Mozambique.
You speak, read and write Portuguese fluently and have a right to live and work in Mozambique? Coupled with fluency in English and proven leadership experience in a child development, care, rights and participation?
Leading the Mozambique Programme, the National Director has oversight over 6 programme locations and a National Office based in Maputo. With a proven track record running an organisation, strong business acumen and leading diverse teams this position is ideal opportunity for a Leader/Manager with experience in child and youth development as well as community development issues relating to children’s rights and welfare.
Reporting to the Regional Director based in Johannesburg, the incumbent will provide strategic leadership in the development of programmes, fundraising, resource management, development of partnerships and advocating for child rights and protection.
- Degree or postgraduate qualification in development, business, human and social sciences or education;
- Experience in the development and care of orphans and vulnerable children;
- Minimum of five years operating at senior management level;
- Prior experience in one or more of the following functional areas: human resource management, finance, fundraising, social services provision, education management, health management, community development;
- Strong strategic management, operational leadership and project cycle management;
- Experience in fundraising and donor funding/corporate responsibility programmes;
- Capability to fluently speak, read and write in both Portuguese and English;
- Interpersonal, communication, team building, public relations and networking skills;
- Strong planning, organising, analytic and problem solving skills;
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-site organisation with matrix structures;
- Enthusiasm and ability to travel within Mozambique and internationally frequently without major impact on your family life;
- Hands-on computer software skills. Knowledge of Microsoft Office and database.
To apply, submit a detailed CV and motivation letter along with two traceable references to AFSO.Recruitment@sos-kd.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about SOS Children’s Villages South Africa, refer to www.sos.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.