SOS Children's Village
SOS Children’s Villages South Africa, an affiliate member of SOS-Kinderdorf International, is a dynamic social development organisation. It takes action for orphaned and vulnerable children by building and strengthening families for them to live in and grow with love, respect and security.
SOS Rustenburg Village (SMI Model) seeks to appoint a Child and Youth Development Coordinator, based in Rustenburg, North West.
The successful candidate will provide guidance and leadership to a team of mothers and aunts, social worker (s), youth leader (s) etc.
- Work in cooperation with the Child and Youth Development (CYD) Team - (SOS Mothers/Aunts, Youth Leader, Social Workers, Educator etc.) to plan and support each individual child and youth’s development programme (CDP & YDP) which should be reviewed continuously;
- Champion and lead the way in terms of ensuring the rights of the children and ensure that child protection policies are always implemented;
- Promote and support family relationships by conducting regular family house visits, providing advice, guidance and support to both the children and the SOS Mothers;
- Ensure that relationships with the Social Welfare Department are excellent and that all submissions requirements to the department are complied with at all times, and that subsidies are correctly received and reconciled;
- Lead the CYD department planning and budgeting process;
- A strong leader of Family Based Care on the facility management team;
- Coordinate the compilation of progress reports on the children and youth for submission to the IS department;
- Ensure timeous submission of child registration and departure notices to the IS department;
- Participate in the recruitment of and oversee performance management of the CYD Team;
- Participate in SOS Brand development activities to motivate community support of the organisation.
- Humanities degree or similar qualification with at least three (3) years hands on supervisory experience;
- Excellent communicator, with strong conflict management, counselling and report writing skills;
- Sound knowledge of Child Protection laws and policies. Familiar with UNCRC and child care acts and other relevant national child care legislation and application of child rights-based approach;
- Valid driver’s licence;
- This is a residential position.
Salary: A competitive remuneration package will be offered.
This is an interesting opportunities to develop as well as a chance to use your skills in a dynamic environment whilst impacting the life of a child.
In accordance with the organisation’s child protection policy, all employment is subject to applicable background checks, including criminal record checks.
To apply, submit a detailed CV and motivation letter along with two traceable references to email@example.com with ‘Application for CYDC Position-Rustenburg’ in the subject line.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Applications received after the 7 June 2013 will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about SOS Children’s Villages South Africa, refer to www.sos.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.