Sophiatown Community Psychological Services: Social Worker
Thursday, August 23, 2012 - 10:38
Sophiatown Community Psychological Services
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Monday, September 24, 2012
Sophiatown Community Psychological Services seeks to appoint a Social Worker, based in Westdene, Johannesburg.
The person should be passionate about young people, emotional well-being, education and development. S/he will be an experienced social worker who can help the organisation develop programmes and services in and around Soweto and the inner city of Johannesburg.
The person is expected to be passionate about young people, families, communities, education and development.
The person will support and develop community counselling services in and around Soweto. S/he will implement a pilot programme of psycho-social support to young people seeking to make the most of the educational opportunities offered to them.
- Minimum four years of experience in clinical social work and/or community counselling services;
- Extensive knowledge of and insight into the South African welfare and education systems;
- Creativity, initiative and the proven capacity to make things happen;
- Proven leadership skills in the NGO sector;
- Ability to thrive in resource-deprived settings;
- Passion for social justice and advocacy;
- Sound administrative and writing skills;
- Familiarity with the communities around Soweto from either work or life experience;
- Fluency in at least one South African language other than English or Afrikaans;
- Valid driver's licence;
- Registration with the SA Council for Social Services.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Sophiatown Community Psychological Services, refer to www.sophiatowncounselling.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.