Sophiatown Community Psychological Services
Sophiatown Community Psychological Services is a community mental health organisation offering a wide range of psycho-social support services to individuals and families in marginalised communities.
Sophiatown Community Psychological Services's centre in Bertrams serves mainly refugee and migrant communities in and around the inner city, with about half of these coming from the DR Congo.
Sophiatown Community Psychological Services seeks to appoint an experienced French, Swahili or Lingala speaking Counsellor for its Children and Families on the Move Programme, based in Bertrams, Johannesburg.
The Counsellor should be able to communicate with clients in French, Lingala or Swahili, who is passionate about caring for people when they are at their most vulnerable, and who is willing to make his/her unique and creative contribution to a wonderful but overstretched team of counsellors, community workers, volunteers, therapists and social workers.
- Client-centred counselling with individuals and families;
- Group-based counselling with children, adolescents and adults;
- Co-facilitation of other creative psycho-social support interventions, such as sports activities, garden projects, and holiday programmes.
- Credible training in basic and advanced counselling skills;
- Proven experience in counselling in resource-deprived settings;
- Fluency in English as well as at least two of the following: French, Swahili and Lingala;
- Firm commitment to women's and children'srights;
- Firm commitment to the ethics of counselling and therapeutic work;
- Passion for social justice;
- Sound administrative and writing skills.
To apply, sumbit your CV to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Sophiatown Community Psychological Services, refer to www.sophiatowncounselling.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.