Sonke Gender Justice Network: Fatherhood / MenCare Global Manager
Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 09:55
Sonke Gender Justice Network
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Thursday, June 21, 2012
Sonke Gender Justice seeks to appoint a Fatherhood/MenCare Global Manager, based in Cape Town.
The MenCare global manager will work closely with the managers of each of Sonke’s five work units, and global network partners to ensure effective implementation of the MenCare global fatherhood campaign. The MenCare Programme is a global programme that works for gender equitable and non-violent fatherhood through policy, media and education initiatives. The manager will play a key role in the development of the global MenCare campaign, and simultaneously coordinate implementation of the MenCare Southern Africa programme. The role would also include the management of the South Africa MenEngage initiative, focused on young people’s engagement with sexual and reproductive health.
This position requires full-time residence in Cape Town.
- Coordinate project initiation and planning meetings for all new MenCare related projects;
- Work closely with the managers of each of Sonke’s five work units, and external network partners to ensure effective, timely and full implementation of MenCare related projects requiring the simultaneous involvement of multiple units;
- Coordinate timely submission of narrative and financial donor reports;
- Coordinate documentation of all MenCare related projects;
- Coordinate M&E related data collection, analysis, and reporting for all MenCare related projects;
- Participate in fundraising to ensure ongoing support for existing and new work, especially MenCare related projects;
- Coordinate internal and external staff trainings on first and third Monday mornings of each month in the CPT office and as scheduled in the JHB office;
- Work with existing CPT and JHB based intern coordinators to manage Sonke’s overall internship project, including recruitment and placement of South African and foreign university interns.
- Master’s degree in health, development or related field;
- Minimum of five years experience working on issues related to men, masculinities, GBV and HIV and AIDS;
- Experience working on issues related to men and the care economy;
- Strong project management and project coordination skills;
- Experience working on children’s rights, including developing child protection policies and procedures;
- Experience designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation;
- Strong writing and analytical skills, including preferably a publications record;
- Experience engaging with the media, especially community radio and print media;
- Experience with policy development and policy analysis;
- Experience networking with partners and colleagues across multiple countries and time-zones;
- Familiarity with the MenEngage Alliance and with key UN partners, especially UNFPA;
- Experience with fundraising;
- Proficiency in local languages other than English;
- Willingness to travel 35% time.
For more information and full job description, refer to www.genderjustice.org.za.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only short listed candidates will receive notification.
Sonke reserves the right to fill the position before the closing date or not fill the position.
For more about the Sonke Gender Justice Network, refer to www.genderjustice.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies..
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook at http://mzan.si/A.