Sonke Gender Justice Network: Executive Assistant
Monday, June 25, 2012 - 16:54
Sonke Gender Justice Network
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Friday, June 29, 2012
Sonke Gender Justice seeks to appoint an Executive Assistant, based in Cape Town.
The person will assist the Executive Director and Deputy Executive Director.
- Management of the office of the Executive and Deputy Directors (based in Cape Town and Johannesburg);
- Coordinate all logistics including travel and accommodation arrangements and meetings in South Africa, regionally and internationally;
- Ensure smooth running of the Executive Office in its interface with the Board, Programme Managers, partners and relevant staff or as directed;
- Work closely with Programme Managers and Programme Assistants in ensuring smooth and well-coordinated interface with the Executive Director's Office with a specific focus on coordinating key events in the Sonke calendar but not limited to;
- Monthly management supervision meetings;
- Monthly and quarterly report deadlines;
- Quarterly internal spot-check;
- Twice annual performance review schedules;
- Programme planning meetings;
- Providing the services of a company secretary (arranging all logistics around the board meetings, minute taking, and managing board relations on behalf of the ED;
- Coordinate the MenEngage Network global meetings and international conference calls;
- External communications;
- Scheduling and coordinating events;
- Initiate and respond to correspondence such as emails, faxes and letters;
- Maintain a filing system.
- Experience in a donor or international NGO environment;
- Computer proficiency;
- 10 years relevant experience with a proven track record in an Executive Assistant capacity;
- College or secretarial school qualification required - a degree would be an advantage;
- Professional communication skills;
- Strong organisational ability;
- Well organised with strong people skills;
- Confident communicator and be able to deal with people at all levels;
- Display a high level of integrity;
- Ability to multi-task and be deadline orientated;
- Ability to perform well under pressure;
- Proactive approach to problem solving and achieving objectives;
- Ability to create, develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and external partners nationally, regionally and internationally.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only short listed candidates will receive notification.
Sonke reserves the right to fill the position before the closing date or not fill the position.
For more about the Sonke Gender Justice Network, refer to www.genderjustice.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.