Sonke Gender Justice Network
Sonke Gender Justice Network is a NGO that works across Africa to strengthen government, civil society and citizen capacity to support men and boys to take action to promote gender equality, prevent domestic and sexual violence, and reduce the spread and impact of HIV and AIDS.
Sonke Gender Justice seeks to appoint a Deputy Finance Manager, based in Cape Town.
The person will assist the National Finance Manager in budgeting and financial monitoring, planning and reporting. The position will assist in the preparation of financial statements for the SMT, Board and donors. Overall responsibility also includes providing support to the Finance Manager to ensure fiscal responsibility and the financial health of the organisation.
Key performance areas:
- Development and maintenance of accounting system;
- Debt collection;
- Transaction processing;
- Financial reports;
- Audit Management.
- Certificate or degree in financial management or extensive experience;
- Minimum of five years experience in monitoring the finances of a medium sized South African NGO;
- Minimum of three years working experience with QuickBooks;
- Strong understanding of financial management principles;
- Experience with auditing/audit requirements;
- Proven initiative and ability to take on and complete projects and tasks;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software;
- Knowledge of SARS policies and processes;
- Knowledge of the Income Tax Act.
Salary: R276 000 - R300 000 per annum, total cost to company.
For full job description, refer to www.genderjustice.org.za.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter quoting “SONK4” to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only short listed candidates will receive notification.
Sonke reserves the right to fill the position before the closing date or not fill the position.
For more about the Sonke Gender Justice Network, refer to www.genderjustice.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.