Sonke Gender Justice Network
Sonke Gender Justice Network is a NGO that works across Africa to strengthen government, civil society and citizen capacity to support men and boys to take action to promote gender equality, prevent domestic and sexual violence, and reduce the spread and impact of HIV and AIDS.
Sonke Gender Justice seeks to appoint a Data Capturer/Administrator, based in Cape Town.
This is a full-time contract position.
- Capture data into the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) database;
- Pull reports for managers and donors;
- Verify a random sample of data;
- Transcribe recorded interviews;
- Archive M&E forms;
- Maintain organisational contacts database;
- Provide administrative support to the Communications and Strategic information unit, including: a) Filing, b) Preparing procurement documents for authorisation and processing and c) Support for M&E planning and review meetings with project staff.
- Solid qualification in a field related to the position and/or a minimum of five years experience in the field;
- Understanding of gender, HIV and Human Rights;
- Advanced computer skills;
- Experience with the results based approach and other strategic planning approaches;
- Advanced computer skills, including excellent Microsoft Excel and database skills;
- Administrative skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Hard working, loyal, trustworthy and dependable;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and high stress levels.
Will be an advantage
- Fluency in multiple South African languages and languages spoken widely in Africa, (e.g. French);
- Experience in field research.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not get feedback by 5 July 2012, consider your application as unsuccessful.
For more about the Sonke Gender Justice Network, refer to www.genderjustice.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.