Sonke Gender Justice Network
Sonke Gender Justice Network is a South African-based non-governmental organisation (NGO) that seeks to strengthen government, civil society and citizen capacity to take action to promote gender equality, prevent domestic and sexual violence and reduce the spread and impact of HIV and AIDS. With a full-time staff of 100 people working from offices in Johannesburg, Cape Town and Agincourt, Sonke’s work reaches across the nation and the continent, as well as the globe. In this way the organisation contributes to the development of societies in which men, women, youth and children can enjoy equitable, healthy and happy relationships that contribute to the development of just and democratic societies.
Sonke Gender Justice Network seeks to appoint a Administrative Assistant for the MenCare Programme, based in Cape Town.
This is a fixed term contract.
Sonke is looking for an experienced individual to join the organisation as Administrative Assistant in the MenCare Project. The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for ensuring that MenCare programme administration is effectively implemented. This includes finance, procurement, travel and accommodation arrangements for MenCare employees, taking minutes, capturing programme data, and keeping a filing system active and accessible.
This role will necessitate a high standard of personal demeanor including professionalism when dealing with clients, internal and external. Supporting a team of professionals, the Administrative Assistant will be required to demonstrate initiative and work as an enthusiastic team member in accordance with the organisation’s office routine and procedures.
- Administrative support to the MenCare Project staff: Assist with typing meeting minutes, Manage project office filing, manage incoming and outgoing correspondence, prepare and submit travel/ accommodation arrangements for approval, prepare and submit payment requisitions for approval;
- Monitoring and Evaluation: Capture data on the Sonke data system, manage Monitoring and Evaluation filing;
- Finances and Procurement: Support team to ensure petty cash reimbursements and reconciliations are done on a regular basis, Ensure payment requisitions are checked before submission for authorisation, Assist with MenCare related procurement services – obtaining and processing quotes, processing of purchase orders, maintain filing of finance records.
- Diploma in office administration or similar qualification;
- Minimum of two years experience in a medium sized NGO;
- Understanding of Microsoft Office;
- Understanding of basic filing;
- Exceptional typing and word processing skills.
Salary negotiable dependent on experience and qualifications.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of three references (including email addresses) and motivation letter to email@example.com. Candidates living in Cape Town will be given preference.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, Do not make inquiries and Sonke reserves the right not to fill this position.
For more about the Sonke Gender Justice Network, refer to www.genderjustice.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.