Solidaridad Southern Africa
Solidaridad Network is a civil society organisation with nine regional offices in four continents specialised in sustainable supply chain development. Together with producer organisations, the business community, governments and civil society organisations, Solidaridad Network creates initiatives for sustainable trade with the ultimate goal that good economic, social and environmental practices become a normal part of the business.
Solidaridad’s Southern African seeks to appoint a Sustainable Management Trainer and Implementer for its Sustainable Management Tool, based in Maputo, Mozambique.
The Sustainable Management Tool has been developed for sugar and is in the process of being developed for cotton, fruit, vegetables and soy. It is likely that it will expand into other commodities over time. It is a web based, but adapted as an App for use on Android systems, self-assessment tool, used by farmer organisations and extension workers to assist small scale resource poor farmers to comply with sustainability principles and criteria. This helps the farmers to access alternative markets while also improving yields and rationalising the use of inputs.
Solidaridad Southern Africa has its regional office in Johannesburg and a country office in Maputo. In 2014 it will open a country office in Zambia. The post being advertised will be for a person to be based in Maputo, Lusaka or Johannesburg; other locations can be considered depending on the merits of the proposal.
Solidaridad currently has programme dealing with sugar, soy, cotton, fruit and vegetables in South Africa, Namibia, Mozambiaque, Zambia, Malawi and Swaziland and it will extend its operations into Zimbabwe, Botswana and Angola on the coming years.
- Competent in and knows and understanding agronomy in the commodities in which Solidaridad works;
- Minimum of five years experience in working with smallholder farmers in developing countries;
- Multingual in at least English and Portuguese, but a knowledge of southern African languages if a distinct advantage;
- Willing and able to travel extensively in the SADC region;
- Well versed in standards such as ISO, Global Gap, and it will be a distinct advantage to know and understand other standards such as Bonsucro, BCI, RTRS, RSPO, and others;
- Self-starter who needs little day to day management;
- Have at least three years experience with junior staff and field workers;
- Experience in training;
- Proficiency in all of the latest IT software, equipment, systems and processes;
- Valid Code 8 driver's licence.
To apply, submit a CV to Dorah.Marema@Solidaridadnetwork.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Solidariad reserves the right not to make any appointment during this process.
Should you not hear from SolidaridadSA within two weeks of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
Solidaridad Southern Africa is an equal opportunity employer.
For more about Solidaridad Network, refer to www.solidaridadnetwork.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ngopulse.