Social Justice Coalition
The Social Justice Coalition (SJC) is a Cape Town-based community movement and advocacy group focused on improving access to basic services in historically poor and under-developed communities. Through our campaign for improved access to sanitation facilities, we work to encourage community participation in government policy formulation, budgeting, delivery and monitoring. Based in Khayelitsha (Cape Town’s largest township) with over 2 000 active members across eleven branches, over sixty partner organisations, and thousands of supporters; the SJC is viewed as one of the largest and most influential social movements in South Africa.
SJC seeks to hire a Finance Officer to be based in Khayelitsha.
This is a full-time position.
- Maintain accounting records;
- Prepare and manage monthly reporting;
- Preparation of financial statements;
- Preparation of reconciliations;
- Preparation for audit process for the organisation;
- Prepare, manage and report on programme budgets;
- Donor reporting.
- Tertiary level qualification in accounting or book keeping;
- Minimum of four years experience working in a nonprofit organisation;
- Knowledge of fund accounting including reporting requirements to donors;
- Excellent computer literacy in Microsoft packages (Word and Excel);
- Excellent knowledge of Pastel Accounting.
If you feel you meet the above criteria and are interested in joining a hardworking young and dynamic team of activists working to improve conditions in South Africa’s most under-developed communities, please submit your curriculum vitae and a cover letter or requests for further information to Leslie Liddell (email@example.com) by Friday 21 September 2012.