Social Housing Regulatory Authority (SHRA)
The Social Housing Regulatory Authority (SHRA) was established in August 2010 by the Minister of Human Settlements in terms of the Social Housing Act, No.16 of 2008. The SHRA is classified as a public entity in terms of schedule 3A of the Public Finance Management Act. The SHRA regulates and invests to deliver affordable rental homes and renew communities.
The SHRA based in Parktown, Johannesburg seeks to appoint a Research and Knowledge Manager.
The successful candidate is require to have a relevant postgraduate qualification preferably in the social sciences. The candidate will also be required to have at least five years experience in the Social Housing sector. S/he would have a degree of knowledge management but the main focus of the position is research.
- Conduct best practice research to optimise SHRA products, processes and services within the Social Housing Sector;
- Provide input toward and/ or develop SHRA and Social Housing Sector Policy;
- Determine Grant Quantum through analysing and interpreting interrelated socio-economic data and information;
- Develop the annual State of the Sector Report providing best practice information on the status of the Social Housing Sector;
- Develop best practice knowledge management within the SHRA.
- Relevant postgraduate qualification preferably in the social sciences;
- Minimum of five years experience in the social housing sector;
- Knowledge of the human settlement environment;
- Financial acumen;
- Understanding of good governance practices;
- Understanding of the built environment sector;
- Strong project management skills.
The salary for this position will be determined based on the experience of the candidate.
To apply, submit a comprehensive CV and motivation letter indicating your current salary and salary expectations to Ms Gillian Mackay at email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
The SHRA is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. It is our intention to promote representivity. The candidature of persons whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity will receive preference.
For more about the Social Housing Regulatory Authority, refer to www.shra.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.