SHAWCO - Students' Health and Welfare Centres Organisation
SHAWCO, the Students' Health and Welfare Centres Organisation is a nonprofit organisation with the vision to improve the quality of life of previously disadvantaged individuals in developing communities within the Cape Town metropolitan. As an innovative student community service organisation our mission is to promote the involvement of students and other members of the University of Cape Town community in voluntary community service, experiential and community service learning opportunities and research that has a direct benefit to our partner communities, in order to educate students for life.
SHAWCO seeks to appoint an energetic and mature self-starters as Centre Manager, based in Kensington, Cape Town.
As the Centre Manager for the oldest SHAWCO centre, your key priority will be to focus and build on community and individual strengths through the management of vibrant community centres and programmes in order to educate young people for life, effect a transfer of skill, knowledge and capacity, provide access to opportunities previously out of reach and use strategic partnerships to assist people in developing communities to manage their own development.
- Managing the centre, including the building, agreements with tenants, from an operational aspect;
- Engaging effectively with stakeholders to facilitate the implementation of projects, the achievement of SHAWCO’s strategic objectives as well as market the services on offer;
- Providing effective financial management in line with the good financial and governance practices;
- Leading and managing centre staff to maximise employee performance by using implementing the performance management system;
- Managing the staff in the centre within the framework of HR policies and labour legislation;
- Facilitating the implementation of student led and other projects including those involving education, international focus and social entrepreneurship.
- Minimum of a senior certificate with extensive relevant experience;
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office);
- Clear understanding of the education and non-profit landscape;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Planning and organising;
- Client services orientation;
- People management;
- Financial management;
- Goal setting and implementing;
- Building interpersonal relationships;
- Stress tolerance.
The following would be advantageous
- Tertiary degree/diploma or equivalent;
- Experience with fundraising for a non-profit.
To apply, submit a CV (maximum four pages), contact details of two referees and motivation letter to Debra Lodder at Debra.Lodder@uct.ac.za or fax to: 021 406 6741. No certificate should be submited at this stage.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and be required to undergo a competency assessment.
SHAWCO is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress.
For more about SHAWCO, refer to www.shawco.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies..
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook at http://mzan.si/AAzs.