SECTION27 is a public interest law centre that seeks to influence, develop and use the law to protect, promote and advance human rights. Our name is drawn from the section in the South African constitution which enshrines each citizen's right to health care, food, water and social security.
SECTION27 seeks to appoint a Grants/Funding Manager.
- Funding proposals to the value of 25mil;
- Looking for new donors to fund programmes in the Social Justice Area;
- Maintaining relationships with current donors. Writing grant proposals, writing grant reports;
- Donor liaison, donor meetings, minutes of all meetings, donor requirements per grants;
- Adherence to contractual donor requirements;
- Keeping updated donor database;
- Report to COO and Board on donor status, funding proposals etc.
- Assist the COO with Compiling, editing and proofreading Executive Organisational quarterly report to the Board.
Work closely with Finance Manager, COO and CEO in generating funding proposals
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Experience in writing high quality donor grant proposals;
- Meticulous, detailed, proactive, outgoing, dependable, high achiever;
- High level of competency in MS word. Preferably in publishing or formatting programme as well;
- EXCEL a requirement;
- Ability to tailor grant proposals to specific donor requirements within organisational strategy.
- At least 4 years experience in the donor environment. Ideally someone who is currently a grants manager at an organisation and who wants to move or someone who is currently working for a donor;
- In depth knowledge of local and Global donor environment;
- Knowledge of the NGO and specifically Social Justice Sector;
- Experience in writing high quality, high value grant proposals;
- Working in a high pressure environment.
- Passion for Social Justice and the work of SECTION27;
- Established relationships with donors;
- Knowledge and experience of fundraising campaigns.
Hours: 3 days per week.
Salary: 170 – 250k per annum.
To apply for this position please e-mail a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 12th, 2014.