ave the Children Sweden
Save the Children Sweden works in eight regions in the world. The basis of its work is the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC) and the United Nations' Declaration on Human Rights. These build on the principles that all people are equal, children have special rights and everyone has a responsibility, but governments have a special obligation.
Save the Children Sweden in Southern Africa works with various partners across the region. Most of them are local NGOs, including national coalitions of NGOs, academic institutions and the media to promote and monitor the realisation of children’s rights. Save the Children Sweden work in Southern Africa focuses on creating an enabling environment for children to enjoy their rights by encouraging the elimination of violence and abuse of children, poverty reduction, promotion of non-discriminatory practice and child participation.
Save the Children Sweden seeks to appoint a Regional Programme Officer - Child Rights Governance, based in Pretoria.
Only South African nationals or permanent residents will be considered.
- Programme management - Implement the Child Rights Governance Programme through partners to ensure achievement of the Programme objectives;
- Partner management - Responsible for joint planning and managing on-going agreement with partners;
- Advocacy and networking - coordinate regional and national Child Rights Networks and promote child participation within the programmes;
- Budget holding - Develop and manage the Child Rights Governance programme budget
- Fundraising - Draft project proposals to finance the programme.
- University degree in social science and/or at least five years working experience in child rights programming;
- Knowledge of human rights, preferably of children’s rights;
- Programme management and project cycle management;
- Understanding and ability to comply with organisational and donor financial procedures;
- Strong communication, interpersonal and representational skills and ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic team;
- Networking and advocacy skills;
- Experience in fundraising and proposal writing;
- Understanding of and experience in working with civil society organisations;
- Analytical and writing skills;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Valid driver’s licence.
To apply, submit a CV, motivational letter (one page max) with two contactable referees to Y Steyn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Do not include reference letters or proof of qualifications.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Only South African citizens or permanent residents will be considered.
Save the Children Sweden reserves the right not to fill the position.
For more about Save the Children Sweden, refer to www.savethechildren.se.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.