Save the Children South Africa
Save the Children International has established its newest member organisation - Save the Children South Africa. Part of this process is the establishment of a fundraising unit focused on deriving financial support from both private sector and Institutional donors from within South Africa.
Save the Children South Africa seeks to appoint a Provincial Programme Manager in Limpopo, based in Musina.
This is a permanent position.
- Ensure that the country strategic plan and annual operating plan are implemented in the province (as defined), and reviewed as necessary in consultation with management, staff, partners and beneficiaries;
- Work with the finance staff in provincial office and Pretoria office, be accountable for the effective financial and budgetary management of relevant project budgets, in accordance with donor conditions and project plans;
- Lead implementation of child protection projects, and lead/support implementation of projects in other sectors of work as defined; education, health, child rights governance;
- Ensure effective and regular monitoring of provincial projects;
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to staff and other stakeholders – state and non-state – in the implementation of South African child protection legislation and policy, especially as relates to non-national migrant children;
- Initiate and maintain strong working relationships with government, partner agencies and other stakeholders at municipal, district and provincial levels, and on a cross-border basis with stakeholders and colleagues in Zimbabwe;
- Undertake advocacy at necessary levels of policy influencing in line with agreed advocacy strategy;
- Support regular process documentation to record progress, learning, case studies or success stories to inform evidence-based advocacy;
- Accountable for the completeness, timeliness and quality of donor and internal SC reports and support relevant project managers in this regard when necessary
- Accountable for the implementation and compliance by provincial staff of all relevant SC policies including inter alia the code of conduct, child protection, vehicles & fleet, procurement, safety & security, grant management, fraud.
- Minimum of four year degree in social work (strongly recommended), development studies, Advanced Project Management or similar; Master’s degree preferred, with at least five years experience in the field;
- Minimum of five years management experience, including team, finance and asset management of which at least two years in substantial budget monitoring and grant management experience;
- Substantial experience with institutional donors essential;
- Familiarity with South African child protection system essential;
- Experience with child protection in emergencies will be beneficial;
- Intermediate competence in Microsoft Office, with advanced competence in Excel
To apply, submit CV and motivation letter detailing your experience in each of the key accountabilities to email@example.com. Use reference number: SN PMM 12/13.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Preference will be given to South African citizens or those who have an unrestricted right to work in South Africa.
For more about Save the Children South Africa, refer to www.savethechildren.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.