Save the Children South Africa
Save the Children International has established its newest member organisation - Save the Children South Africa. Part of this process is the establishment of a fundraising unit focused on deriving financial support from both private sector and Institutional donors from within South Africa.
Save the Children South Africa seeks to appoint a mature, experienced as senior Marketing, Fundraising and Communications Director, based in Pretoria.
Save the Children has a strict policy of child safeguarding to which all staff are compelled to adhere. Save the Children welcomes applications from those with disabilities.
- Manage the development of and oversee the maintenance of the Save the Children South Africa brand;
- In conjunction with the CEO, develop the overall medium and long-term fundraising targets (including those for corporate, individual face-to face, online and high value donors) aligned to the overall corporate strategy;
- Develop and manage multi-channel fundraising programmes and strategies;
- Develop B-BBEE strategy in line with corporate strategy;
- Build solid prospect management, research and donor stewardship programmes
- Oversee backend systems and processes
- Develop and manage the department’s annual budget
- Build long-term relationships with donors, volunteers and other key stakeholders;
- Develop and implement the internal and external communications strategy;
- Oversee content development & production of publication of publications and online materials, including quarterly and annual reports, newsletters, briefings and releases;
- Manage and lead the Marketing, Fundraising and Communications team.
- Minimum of eight years proven experience in NGO-sector brand development, fundraising and internal and external communication;
- Experience of the development and execution of fundraising strategies with an emphasis on mass-market and corporate sector fundraising;
- Experience of the development and execution of media relations to support brand strategy.
To apply, submit CV and motivation letter detailing your experience in each of the key accountabilities above and a CV of maximum 4 pages to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Preference will be given to South African citizens or those who have an unrestricted right to work in South Africa.
For more about Save the Children South Africa, refer to www.savethechildren.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.