Save the Children South Africa
Save the Children International has established its newest member organisation - Save the Children South Africa. Part of this process is the establishment of a fundraising unit focused on deriving financial support from both private sector and Institutional donors from within South Africa.
Save the Children South Africa seeks to appoint a Donor Servicing and Retention Consultant.
The Donor Servicing and Retention Consultant will develop the systems, processes and relations with newly acquired donors. S/he should have experience of donor or customer care, databases and donor/customer communications.
Save the Children has a strict policy of child safeguarding, to which all associates are compelled to adhere. We are able to consider only those who have an unrestricted right to work in South Africa.
This role requires significant experience of the following:
- Devising and implementing donor/customer acquisition or retention strategies;
- Working directly with donor databases (ideally any Blackbaud product or other fundraising or customer database);
- Setting up new donor processes;
- Processing donations/payments;
- Coordinating the design and production of donor/customer communications;
- Excellent numeracy and data skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Communication skills (written and verbal);
- Willingness to be part of a small fundraising team as the other departments are established; and
- Commitment to the mission and values of Save the Children.
Database Maintenance and Reporting:
- Manage the transfer of the management of donor database from external agency to in-house;
- Devise and establish all processes on the donor database and with the bank payment systems;
- Document such processes and procedures to build a complete operations manual for how Save the Children South Africa;
- Establish the data base. This includes: Importing all new donor data, keeping this data accurate up to date and securely stored;
- Establish the successful functioning of the donation facility of Save the Children South Africa’s website; and
- Prepare precise reports to monitor key performance indicators and carry our other fundraising analysis as requested.
Donor Servicing and Communications:
- Develop a donor servicing function which provides donor care and meets all best practice standards;
- With the Face to Face Manager, devise the communications that the donor will receive in their first year of support in conjunction with other staff, in order to have accurate and new information to use in donor fundraising materials; and
- Coordinate the production of donor retention communication materials on and offline.
To apply, send a CV email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about Save the Children South Africa, refer to www.savethechildren.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.