South African National Zakah Fund (SANZAF)
South African National Zakah Fund (SANZAF) is one of the leading faith-based, socio-welfare and educational organisations in Southern Africa that strives to facilitate the empowerment of needy families through the efficient collection and effective distribution of Zakáh and other Sadaqát in a proactive and cost effective way with dignity, sincerity and a shared responsibility.
SANZAF seeks to appoint a General Manager, based in the Western Cape.
Job level: Senior Management
The General Manager will ensure the effective and successful management of the organisation in the Western Cape Region in terms of the overall strategy and organisational model of SANZAF. The successful candidate's responsibilities will include (but is not limited to) overseeing and managing the operations of various programmes and projects while working closely with the Head of Departments and staff, as well as external stakeholders to ensure success and that targets and goals are met.
Salary: Market Related (Dependant on experience)
- Tertiary qualification (Bachelor’s Degree) with preferably a post Degree qualification in management;
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in a corporate and/or NGO environment, of which at least five years has been spent in a Senior Management/Supervisory role;
- Good understanding of the corporate and NGO sectors;
- Sound knowledge and practice of the Islamic faith;
- Effective reporting skills;
- Excellent proposal writing and presentation skills;
- Skilled in marketing/branding and social media;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Advanced computer and Microsoft Office skills;
- Good business acumen;
- Financial acumen/oversight and an excellent understanding of, and drafting of budgets and business/project plans;
- Confident, assertive and highly professional;
- Highly responsible, organised and a good planner.
- Key Performance Areas (KPI’s):
- Develop and implement the strategic focus/direction of the SANZAF Western Cape Region in accordance with the overall goals and objectives of SANZAF;
- Set key objectives annually in the form of a business/activity plan for the Western Cape Region. To draft a comprehensive business/activity plan (long term) and short term (annually) that sets income targets; distribution targets; current and new programmes and fundraising initiatives;
- Strategic planning to expand the reach of SANZAF’s projects and programmes;
- Effectively manage the overall operations of the Western Cape Region through the various SANZAF programmes and projects to ensure maximum impact.
- Ensure the effective management of staff via appropriate Human Resources (HR) management practices/frameworks;
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders, donors, Donor Agencies and funders to generate new and long term funding sources and build and foster strong long-term relationships with donors, sponsors and key stakeholders;
- Seek out and build sound strategic partnerships that will expand and maximise the services of SANZAF to those in need.
- Attributes and strengths
- Leadership skills – ability to delegate; champion change/innovation; communicate effectively; instill confidence; positive attitudes; ability to inspire/galvanise/motivate organisation/staff around a common purpose;
- Excellent organizational skills – planning; resourcing; promotes team work; results driven; builds relationship within and outside of the organisation;
- Problem solving skills; be able to think out the box and be solution driven;
- Excellent communication skills – presentation, written and oral; as well as public relations skills;
- Ability to think strategically and be innovative;
- People management skills – develops and inspire staff;
- Financial skills – being able to translate business plans into a budget (budgeting skills); tracking financial progress; understanding financial statements;
- Be responsible, reliable, trustworthy and accountable;
- Passionate about community development;
- Must be able to work under pressure and consistently meet deadlines.
The incumbent may be required to perform sundry departmental administration, reports, reviews and other related duties and responsibilities in the course and scope of the employment contract at SANZAF as determined by the Board of SANZAF, and in order to execute the overall strategy of SANZAF as determined by National Executive Board of SANZAF from time to time.
To apply, submit a CV, certified copies of relevant qualifications and a motivational letter to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Your letter should cover the following areas
- Why do you think you are the best candidate for the post?
- What is your vision for the organisation
- How will you make a difference?
- Any other relevant comments
- Please do not exceed a maximum of three pages.
Applicants that do not meet with the criteria will not be considered. If you do not get a response from us within two weeks of submitting your CV then please consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about the South African National Zakah Fund, refer to www.sanzaf.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org