(This is a re-advertisement, people who have applied before don't have to re-apply)
The Southern African NGO Network (SANGONeT) is a dynamic NGO providing a wide range of information communication technology (ICT) services to NGOs and other development organisations in the Southern African region.
SANGONeT seeks to appoint a Project Manager for a major multi-year Mobile Solutions for African Agriculture project.
The project aims to implement a number of mobile phone applications in conjunction with agricultural support organisations, to boost the income of small-scale farmers and increase the effectiveness of agricultural support programmes in Africa.
The position will be based in Johannesburg, with extensive travel required in Southern and Eastern Africa.
- Manage the development and implementation of a number of mobile applications aimed at small-scale farmers;
- Manage relationships between implementation partners, technical service providers and long-term sustainability partners;
- Manage support and training staff in Zambia and Kenya;
- Produce project and other reports for donors and project partners;
- Explore opportunities for additional work/opportunities in the field by presenting at workshops and conferences
- Relevant degree in development or related field;
- Minimum of five years experience in an NGO or similar organisation, preferably with some experience of a rural OR technology environment;
- Postgraduate project management, technical or business qualification would be a recommendation;
- Experience in managing a monitoring and evaluation process within a project context;
- Interest, experience, or knowledge of mobile technology;
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines;
- Ability to travel between 25-35% of the time;
- Valid driver’s licence and passport.
SANGONeT offers a competitive salary, appropriate benefits and an interesting and supportive work environment.
This will be a two-year contract.
To apply, submit a CV with the contact details of three references and a short covering letter speaking directly to the job requirements, to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about SANGONeT, refer to www.sangonet.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information and to make a donation.