Southern African NGO Network
The Southern African NGO Network (SANGONeT) is a dynamic NGO providing a wide range of information communication technology (ICT) services to NGOs and other development organisations in the Southern African region.
SANGONeT’s Civil Society Information Programme seeks to appoint an Intern, based in Johannesburg.
The candidate will ideally work at our office for three months, which could be extended to 12 months depending on performance.
- Desktop research;
- Sourcing of content;
- Communication with NGOs and other development stakeholders;
- Updating content on the NGO Pulse Portal;
- Updating SANGONeT social media platforms;
- Perform any other tasks assigned.
- Graduate student, who has either just completed her/his studies or is working on her/his final research project, in one of the following areas: communication, political or social science, sustainable development, etc.;
- Keen interest in NGO and civil society issues;
- Strong written and oral English language skills;
- Knowledge of social media (i.e. Facebook and Twitter)
- High level of computer literacy (MS Office);
- Willingness to work independently or in a team.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
This position provides an opportunity to learn about SANGONeT and the South African NGO Sector.
Salary: A monthly stipend will be awarded. Interns will be responsible for their own travel and accommodation requirements.
To apply, submit a motivation letter, CV and short writing sample to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Applications from undergraduates will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about SANGONeT, refer to www.sangonet.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.