The Southern African NGO Network (SANGONeT) provides a wide range of information communication technology (ICT) services to NGOs and other development organisations in the Southern African region.
Established in 1987, SANGONeT is still one of very few NGOs in Africa involved in ICT issues. SANGONeT’s flagship activities include the NGO Pulse Portal, Prodder NGO Directory, SANGOTeCH technology donation programme, various ICT and related events, and many others.
SANGONeT seeks to appoint a new Executive Director, based in Johannesburg.
In an ever-changing civil society, funding and technology environment, we are looking for a dynamic individual to build on SANGONeT’s historical achievements and reposition the organisation for future growth, impact and sustainability.
The Executive Director reports to the SANGONeT Board of Directors.
- Provide overall strategic direction and leadership in guiding the work of SANGONeT;
- Collaborate with the Board in developing and implementing a long-term strategic plan in line with SANGONeT’s mission and vision;
- Oversee the financial status of the organisation, including developing short, medium and long-term plans, monitoring the budget and ensuring sound financial controls are in place;
- Increase efficiencies and consistency throughout the organisation by developing and implementing standardised programmes, services and procedures;
- Formulate and execute comprehensive marketing, branding and fundraising strategies that will enhance revenue from funders, government agencies and the private sector;
- Develop and maintain networks and strategic relations with key stakeholders, including staff, Board members, funders and project partners;
- Manage and expand various local and international strategic partnership arrangements;
- Ensure the delivery of high quality services.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in development, social sciences or ICT;
- Minimum of 5-7 years proven management experience;
- Experienced, inspirational, energetic and compassionate leader;
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, networking and negotiation skills;
- Excellent strategic thinker, communicator and relationship builder;
- Proven fundraising skills and track record;
- Strong commitment to social justice and civil society issues;
- Strategic understanding of the intersection of technology and civil society issues;
- Valid driver's license and willingness to travel - local and international.
Remuneration: A negotiable package commensurate with the responsibilities of the position and the abilities and experience of the candidate will be offered.
To apply, submit a CV with the contact details of three references, and a motivation letter speaking directly to the job requirements, to the Chairperson of the SANGONeT Board of Directors at email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about SANGONeT, refer to www.sangonet.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your media, communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.