SANGOCO Western Cape
The South African National NGO Coalition (SANGOCO) is a nonprofit organisation that promotes civil society, by uniting and strengthening the civil society sector, to enable it to influence development policy, and advocate for programmes that meet the needs of the poor in the best possible way, at the least cost.
South African society is characterised by inequality. At the birth of our new democracy in 1994, the government committed itself to redressing inequality and improving the lives of all people. This commitment requires a comprehensive economic, social, cultural and political process. We believe that government will not be able to implement effective reconstruction and development without strong, informed and effective Civil Service Organizations (CSOs). SANGOCO therefore commits itself to strengthening the sector, to improving the quality and impact of our services and delivery, and to contributing to a vibrant and dynamic society.
SANGOCO seeks to appoint a Chief Executive Officer (CEO), based in Rondebosch, Cape Town.
The CEO will report to the Board of Directors. The person will facilitate the development and implementation of the organisational strategy, business and operational plans. And with the Chairperson, s/he will enable the Board to fulfil its governance functions. S/he will provide strategic direction and overall leadership towards the achievement of the organisation’s philosophy, mission, vision, values, strategy and annual goals and objectives.
- Strategy and business management;
- Team management;
- Finance management;
- Marketing and public relations;
- Stakeholder engagement;
- Policy development;
- Resource management.
- Minimum of six years working experience within the NGO Sector at senior leadership level;
- Active involvement in community development activities;
- Postgraduate degree in either business science, business management, public management, social development and/or social sciences;
- Strategy and business planning;
- Strong financial, budgeting and fundraising management;
- Facilitation, supervisory and excellent reporting(both verbal and written);
- Language skills - proficiency in both English and Afrikaans. Working knowledge of isiXhosa is ideal;
- Comprehensive working knowledge of all relevant Labour Legislation;
- General understanding of Company Law applicable to nonprofit/companies;
- Understanding of social, community, organizational and human development, client- and/or customer service excellence philosophies, methodologies and practices;
- Strategy and business management frameworks; Performance management and- improvement practices;
- Operational -and resource planning, monitoring and evaluation methodologies and practices;
- Leadership, mentoring and coaching experience;
- Delegation and empowerment abilities;
- Networking and relationship building;
- Valuing multicultural diversity;
- Conflict resolution and team work;
- Organising and coordination skills.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about SANGOCO Western Cape, refer to www.sangocowc.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.