to provide high-level support to the Institute’s senior management in coordinating and preparing proposals for funding, and secondly providing strategic Monitoring and Evaluation support to the Office of the Director of Research.
Key responsibilities include: Coordinating internal flow of the entire process of proposal generation, including budgeting according to a Results Based Management framework; Maintaining accurate timelines of all proposal development activities to ensure project planning events are met; Providing high-level assistance in the construction of M&E processes in each proposal; Championing M&E in the Institute and overseeing M&E reporting.
The M&E Specialist must fulfill the following requirements:
- A relevant Master’s degree;
- Seven years’ experience in proposal development and M&E in an NGO environment, including in technical elements of grant applications;
- Should have prior experience working with various international funders, such as the EU and USAID;
- A solid understanding of compliance requirements (including M&E) for grant submissions;
- Be able to effectively manage ongoing projects that are assigned to her/him; be well-organised and able to meet firm deadlines.
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application by Monday 12th January 2015 to email@example.com