The South African Guide Dogs Association for the Blind
The South African Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind (SAGA) is a fully constituted welfare organisation registered with The Director of Fundraising at the Department of Social Development and approved Public Benefit Organisation that works to enhance the mobility, independence and dignity of blind and partially sighted people. SAGA advocates the recognition and protection of the rights of all persons with disabilities.
SAGA seeks to appoint a Head of the Orientation and Mobility College (COM), based at the National Office in Lonehill, Johannesburg.
The person will be responsible for the overall management of the Orientation and Mobility Department providing the necessary strategic direction and meeting of agreed key deliverables which include building the association's external relationships with Government, NGO's, corporates and other funders in order to expand and progress the orientation and mobility training department and provide a meaningful service in a changing South Africa.
The person will report to Executive Director.
- Expand on the Orientation and Mobility Department’s key deliverables for the Consultancy Services and Training areas and provide the necessary strategic direction they require through involvement with numerous business partners both internally and externally;
- Establish meaningful relationships with government including SAQA and SETA’s, business and NGO’s to build on capability in the College of Orientation and Mobility;
- Overall responsibility for the training team based in the National Office in Johannesburg;
- Be part of a senior management team which provides support and guidance to one another across different areas of responsibility;
- Ensure that proper measurement of control is in place for the team to ensure the necessary results;
- Oversee and manage any regulatory issues pertaining to the College of Orientation and Mobility;
- Control and report on all required assessments for relevant parties involved in the College of Orientation and Mobility;
- Oversee all audits;
- Expand on the Fund-Raising capability and improve controls in conjunction with the Head of Fund Raising.
- Specialist knowledge and experience in Orientation and Mobility or experience in the field of disabilities. Training and Public Relations experience would be advantageous;
- Proven management skills;
- Strategic thinking and strong conceptual ability and able to translate this into action;
- Articulate and have the necessary presence to manage internal and external business partners;
- Focused and goal oriented;
- Clearly able to work with “others” (strong interpersonal skills);
- Good negotiation and influencing skills;
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to work outside of normal office hours when required.
To apply, submit a CV (including the names of three recent contactable referees) and motivation letter to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
The Association reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of the post. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment, and failure to meet the requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Should you not receive feedback within one month of advertisement, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about the South African Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind, refer to www.guidedog.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Advertise in the 25th anniversary edition of the Prodder NGO Directory to be released in November 2012. Special rates for NGOs and service providers to the NGO sector. Refer to http://t.co/pSF9GkRI for the rate card.