SADC Lawyers Association
The Southern African Development Community Lawyers Association (SADC LA) is an independent voluntary association made up of Law Societies and Bar Associations of the SADC region. The SADC Lawyers Association strives to uphold human rights, the respect for the rule of law, promote and support for the independence of the judiciary and protection of fundamental liberties.
The SADC Lawyers Association seeks to appoint a Programmes Officer, based in Pretoria.
- Coordinating a project on Governance and Democratisation in the SADC region with a focus on electoral law reforms and election monitoring and observation;
- Developing and executing other programmes on human rights and the rule of law as may from time to time be approved by the Association;
- Fundraising for the Association’s programmes;
- Coordinating regional responses by lawyers to human rights and rule of law issues;
- Organising and coordinating the annual SADC Lawyers Association General Meeting and Conference;
- Any other duties as may from time to time be assigned by the SADC Lawyers’ Association Council and Executive Committee.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of law honours degree from a reputable university and qualification to practise law in any one of the SADC countries;
- Minimum of three years progressively responsible professional work in the field of law;
- Experience working in a regional (SADC) or international NGO dealing with human rights, rule of law, governance and democracy issues;
- Excellent written and spoken English. Working knowledge of French and/or Portuguese will be a distinct advantage;
- Proven successful fundraising with international donor agencies and foundations;
- Preference will be given to South African Citizens/Permanent Residents or SADC citizens with a right to work in South Africa.
Remuneration: A competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered to the successful candidate.
Salary: A competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be disclosed to shortlisted candidates.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of two referees and motivation letter to the Executive Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, post to SADC Lawyers’ Association, 304 Brooks Street, P O Box 36626, Menlo Park 0102, Pretoria, South Africa.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the SADC Lawyers Association, refer to http://sadcla.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.