Southern African Association of Youth Clubs
The Southern African Association of Youth Clubs (SAAYC) is a nonprofit, membership organisation that works in youth development.
SAAYC seeks to appoint a Secretary to the Board, based at SAAYC National Office in Florida, Johannesburg.
S/he will report to Board Chairperson and Executive Director. S/he will give support to Board, Sub Committees and New Co.
- Provide effective and efficient service to the Board, its sub committees and New Co including preparing and producing minutes, reports, agenda and documents;
- Design and provide orientation for new Board members;
- Project/events management: arrange venue, equipment and attendance register and travel booking;
- Administer the search process for new Board members;
- Filing and general administration;
- Manage document process;
- Review effectiveness of governance processes;
- Research and any other duty in support of the corporate governance, legal and compliance;
- Provide legal advice and support on related matters where necessary.
- Senior certificate;
- Appropriate secretarial/administrative qualification;
- Minimum of three years experience in performing Board related secretarial duties;
- Knowledge in law and mitigation, a formal qualification and experience will be an advantage;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Problem solving and analytical skills;
- Dynamic, results driven and self-starter;
- Innovative team player;
- Accurate recollection of decision;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Entry level mediation and litigation;
- In depth knowledge and extensive understanding of governance;
- Advanced computer literacy in Microsoft Suite;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to work outside normal working hours;
- Ability to maintain high level confidentiality;
- Legal knowledge.
Salary: R169 000 - R221 000 per annum inclusive of benefits.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of three referees, certified copies of qualifications and motivation letter to Claudia Matshepo Sibiya at email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: Tel: 011 674 5405/6.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about the Southern African Association of Youth Clubs, refer to www.saayc.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.