SAAYC: Personal Assistant to the Executive Director
Friday, April 13, 2012 - 17:24
Southern African Association of Youth Clubs
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Wednesday, April 25, 2012
SAAYC seeks to appoint a Personal Assistant to the Executive Director, based in Florida, Johannesburg.
His/her role is to support who s/he report to or work with in his/her efforts to reach targets and deliver on strategic goals.
S/he will report to the Executive Director and will give support to both SAAYC Executive Director and Management.
This is a six-month contract from 1 May 2012 to October 2012.
- Screen telephone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate;
- Organise and maintain diaries and make appointments;
- Deal with correspondence and writing letters, take dictation and minutes;
- Organise and attend meetings, and ensure the manager is well-prepared for meetings;
- Deal with incoming email, faxes and post;
- Produce documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations;
- Liaise with staff, clients;
- Plan, organise and manage events;
- Manage projects.
- Senior certificate;
- Appropriate secretarial/administrative qualification;
- Minimum of three years experience in performing Board related secretarial duties;
- Knowledge in law and mitigation, a formal qualification and experience will be an advantage;
- Efficient and self-motivated;
- Organisation and communication skills;
- IT literate;
- Calm under pressure and ability to think on its feet;
- Hardworking spirit;
- Ability to competently deal with situations in the boss’s absence, and should be confident enough to commission work on their principal's behalf;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is a fundamental requirement for any PA.
- Keep abreast of organisational issues and have a good understanding of the organisation’s aims and objectives.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of three referees, certified copies of qualifications and motivation letter to Claudia Matshepo Sibiya at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enquiries: Tel: 011 674 5405/6.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about the Southern African Association of Youth Clubs, refer to www.saayc.co.za.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.