Southern African Association of Youth Clubs (SAAYC)
The Southern African Association of Youth Clubs (SAAYC) is a nonprofit, membership organisation that works in youth development.
SAAYC seeks to appoint a National Programmes Manager, based in Johannesburg.
The person will report to the Executive Director and will give suppor to the SAAYC Provincial Coordination and National Activities.
- Planning and overseeing the overall Programmes Unit annual planning, implementation of its business plan and ensure alignment, integration and information flow among the 3 units – Skills Development and Provincial Coordinators and Centre Managers;
- Supervising and coaching staff and Managers reporting into this role - providing strategic guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance;
- Overall accountability for the Centres and Strategic Alliances (NGOs) in the provinces;
- Developing a strategy around Membership Development and Support including recruitment and retention strategies, member’s club-stages (start-up, intermediary, established), representation targets, and entry and exit models;
- Facilitating the development of SAAYC Provincial Strategies;
- Facilitating the development of the Research,Knowledge and Information Management Framework for SAAYC;
- Facilitating the development of SAAYC’ Training and Skills Development Framework targeting members and young people;
- Developing and manage an interactive SAAYC “MembershipDatabase” and provide relevant membership reports as required;
- Conceptualising, develop and managing cutting-edge National Programmes, including. Member AGM, Youth Summit with supporting policies, frameworks, guidelines etc;
- Developing and monitoring an annual National Programmes Calendar incorporating national events that will be implemented across the 9 provinces;
- Developing and managing the consolidated budget for the Programme Directorate incl. Programmes budget, Provincial/Centres budgets, Research and Skills Development budgets;
- Initiating and managing strategic partnerships and maintain effective working relationships that will benefit Member Development and Support across the 9 provinces;
- Assisting with advocacy, networking and stakeholder management responsibilities across the 9 provinces in supporting the work of the 3 units reporting in this role;
- Driving strategies to grow SAAYC presence in the SADC region (manage agreements and monitor member activities in the various SADC countries);
- On-going engagement with the Executive Director around Member Development and Support and prepare relevant reports for the Board and make representation to the Board as required;
- Being on the look-out for best-practice and innovative interventions, systems and solutions that will enhance SAAYC core business of Member Development and Support;
- Undertaking annual Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) on relevance/impact of the various programmes and review/adjust programmes accordingly.
- Matric Certificate (Gr.12);
- Diploma/ B Degree – preferable Project Management/Research/Youth Development;
- Min 5 years managerial experience in skills development / learning and development/training field;
- Strong background, work experience and in-depth understanding of youth development, skills development, and project management;
- Sound understanding of learning material design/development;
- Knowledge of SETA Compliance requirements;
- Registered Assessor/Moderator would be an advantage;
- Knowledge of the NGO sector.
To apply, submit a detailed CV, certified copies of qualifications, and three traceable references to Ms.Claudia Matshepo Sibiya, E-mail email@example.com, fax 011 674 5405/6;
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about the Southern African Association of Youth Clubs, refer to www.saayc.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.