Rural Education Access Programme
The Rural Education Access Programme (REAP) is an associate body of the Southern African Catholic Bishops’ Conference (SACBC) that facilitates access to higher education for economically disadvantaged rural matriculants.
REAP seeks to appoint a Student Development Advisor - Gauteng, based in Johannesburg but involves some national travel.
The person will work with a caseload of up to 60 tertiary students enrolled in a diverse range of courses at universities in the Gauteng region.
- Student support and counselling
- Loan and grant administration
- Selection processes and interviews
- Institution, stake holder & service provider networking
- Workshop organisation and facilitation
- Record keeping and report writing
- HR Management.
- Social work, humanities or education tertiary qualification;
- Minimum of three years relevant working experience;
- Fluency in an African language of South Africa;
- Ability to travel nationally.
- Fluency in spoken and written English;
- Unendorsed driver’s licence;
- Strong administration skills with excellent attention to detail;
- Planning and self-management;
- Computer literacy and report writing skills;
- Team player with leadership skills;
- Confidence, integrity and professional maturity;
- Subscribe to the ethos of a community serving humanity;
- Ability to work independently in higher education institutions in Gauteng, Free State and North West Province.
Starting date: July 2012.
Salary: R13 000 - R16 000 per month plus benefits depending on experience and qualifications.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of three referees and motivation letter stating how you will meet the requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to The Director, P O Box 198, Athlone, 7760 or Fax 021 696 9572. Do not apply should you not have required qualifications.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Rural Education Access Programme, refer www.reap.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.