Rural Education Access Programme: Student Development Advisor - Gauteng
Rural Education Access Programme
REAP seeks to appoint a Student Development Advisor - Gauteng, based in Johannesburg but involves some national travel.
The person will work with a caseload of up to 60 tertiary students enrolled in a diverse range of courses at universities in the Gauteng region.
- Student support and counselling
- Loan and grant administration
- Selection processes and interviews
- Institution, stake holder & service provider networking
- Workshop organisation and facilitation
- Record keeping and report writing
- HR Management.
- Social work, humanities or education tertiary qualification;
- Minimum of three years relevant working experience;
- Fluency in an African language of South Africa;
- Ability to travel nationally.
- Fluency in spoken and written English;
- Unendorsed driver’s licence;
- Strong administration skills with excellent attention to detail;
- Planning and self-management;
- Computer literacy and report writing skills;
- Team player with leadership skills;
- Confidence, integrity and professional maturity;
- Subscribe to the ethos of a community serving humanity;
- Ability to work independently in higher education institutions in Gauteng, Free State and North West Province.
Salary: R13 000 - R16 000 per month plus benefits depending on experience and qualifications.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of three referees and motivation letter stating how you will meet the requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to The Director, P O Box 198, Athlone, 7760 or Fax 021 696 9572. Do not apply should you not have required qualifications.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Rural Education Access Programme, refer www.reap.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.