The Rural Education Access Programme (REAP)
The Rural Education Access Programme (REAP) is an associate body of the Southern African Catholic Bishops’ Conference (SACBC) that facilitates access to higher education for economically disadvantaged rural matriculants.
REAP seeks to appoint a Deputy Director - Finance and Operations, based in Cape Town with occasional national travel. REAP works in partnership with the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS).
The person will be a mature and dynamic professional with high level strategic experience in finance, operations and resource management. S/he will join REAP's Senior Executive Team and will report to the Director. The candidate must demonstrate commitment to the ethos of community serving humanity.
- Financial strategic management and reporting (current annual turnover R45M);
- Ensure the effective administration of NSFAS bursaries and loans for up to 525 tertiary students;
- Key stakeholder management with service providers, NSFAS & institutional Financial Aid practitioners;
- Risk and investment management;
- Resource management (HR, database and physical assets such as property, vehicles and IT).
- Qualification in a commerce or business related field;
- Minimum of seven years senior management experience;
- High level project, systems and people management skills with excellent attention to detail;
- High level written and verbal communication skills;
- Mature understanding of HR principles and practices;
- Experience & expertise in working with IT and database systems;
- Experience of working within the higher education sector would be an advantage.
The successful candidate will be offered a market related salary package. REAP is an equal opportunity employer.
The full description is available upon request. Do not apply for this position unless you meet the minimum requirements.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of three referees and motivation letter (one page) clearly stating how you meet the requirements to email@example.com or fax to: 021 696 9572. Alternatively, the Director, P O Box 198, Athlone, 7760.
Pease quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Rural Education Access Programme, refer www.reap.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.