Robin Trust is a fast growing Christian based NPO committed to providing health care and training, social development, upliftment and comprehensive primary health care that comprises preventative, promotive and rehabilitative aspects in service provision.
Robin Trust seeks to appoint a Nursing Agency Manager, based in the Oude Molen Eco Village, Pinelands, Cape Town.
Robin Trust providing sub-acute rehabilitative care, frail and dementia residential care, training to both home based carers and nurses as well as community health care services through our “Community care @ home” programme – placing EN’s, ENA’s and home based carers with patients in both private homes and institutions for both short term and long term care assignments.
As Robin Trust continues to grow, a need has been identified for a nursing/managed health care professional with high levels of business acumen to lead the Agency team. Reporting to the Executive Manager, you’ll be responsible for meeting the needs of clients and patients through the management and co-ordination of all Agency activities in line with Robin Trust’s strategic and operational objectives.
- Agency operations management: o Implementing and developing best operating practices and business plans in order to optimise the functioning of the operations.
- Adhering to relevant legislation/applying new legislation as relevant;
- Development of necessary policies and procedures/contracts;
- Ensuring the Agency is seen as an integral part of the Robin Trust model;
- Ensuring effective relationship management with medical aids by implementing strategies to develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships;
- Ensuring effective implementation of marketing and growth strategies by: o Developing and understand competitor strategies in order to effectively market the Nursing Agency o Developing and implementing appropriate marketing strategies o Positioning projects within local communities in order to ensure visibility of the Agency o Networking and representing Robin Trust on relevant forums;
- Ensuring the achievement of financial targets by: o Assisting in the preparation and monitoring of annual budgets with management in order to implement corrective actions as required;
- Identifying, developing and marketing new business opportunities/pockets of opportunity in the market;
- Supporting activities in order to maximise revenue generation;
- Managing the cost of sales and overheads effectively in order to reduce cost;
- Implementing annual tariff increases;
- Governance and risk management - preparing annual risk assessments and progress reviews in order to achieve sound business ethics and risk management;
- Developing sound relationships with government departments;
- Ensuring that regular service level meetings are held with government and other relevant bodies;
- Maintaining relevant registrations;
- Management of real time patient/carer database service level agreement, ensuring system is effective and kept updated;
- Ensuring effective quality systems management;
- Staff management.
- Relevant managed health care/nursing qualification with appropriate levels of professional registration;
- Minimum of five years proven leadership and general business management experience within a healthcare environment (hospital, primary health care, college);
- In-depth working knowledge of the private and public healthcare industry;
- Willingness to travel nationally as necessary;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical abilities;
- Proven experience in successfully managing a multi-functional team (incorporating nursing, administrative and finance staff);
- Excellent levels of English proficiency, both verbal and written and the ability to develop and deliver compelling presentations for various audiences;
- A passion for community based care and the ability to lobby for improvements in current frameworks;
- High levels of client responsiveness, empathy and the ability to develop appropriate relationships with patients, medical practitioners, carers, medical aids and service providers;
- Fully computer literate and the ability to utilise database systems to full advantage;
- High levels of numeracy;
- Code 8 driver’s licence.
To apply, submit a CV to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Further correspondence will only be entered into with candidates under consideration for the roles. Should you not hear back from us within 10 days of the closing date, consider your application as unsuccessful.
For more about Robin Trust, refer to http://robintrust.com.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.