The Right2Know Campaign is an umbrella group of organisations and activists campaigning to advance the free flow of information in South Africa.
The Campaign seeks to appoint a qualified financial administrator as National Administrator.
The National Administrator should have a minimum of three years relevant experience to provide administrative and bookkeeping support to our national and provincial structures.
This is a full-time positionbased in Salt River, Cape Town.
Salary: R13 400 per month before tax.
- Providing administrative support to various processes and events undertaken by Campaign activists;
- Processing payments, and maintaining financial records in Pastel – including a list of pending creditors, debtors and advances that must be reconciled;
- Maintaining the Campaign’s information systems including a database of supporters, various email lists, minutes of various meetings and records of various activities.
- Stakeholder interaction, managing correspondence and fielding queries.
- Minimum of three years relevant experience, preferably in a similar environment;
- Experience working with Pastel accounting software;
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills with multilingualism being an advantage;
- Ability to self-manage and multi-task, pay attention to detail, planning, organising and time management;
- Strong computer skills essential (Microsoft Word, Excel, e-mail and Internet);
- Ability to maintain good working relationship and work with volunteer activists in flexible team environments is a necessity;
- Ideally should bring a commitment to the democratic principles of the R2K Campaign, as well as an understanding of issues relating to the right to know;
- Valid driver’s licence, code 8, would be an advantage.
The Right2Know is offering the opportunity to have a real impact on the challenges facing South Africa from within a dynamic environment and supportive team.
To apply, submit a CV with contactable references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: Tel: 021 447 1000.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For more about Right2Know Campaign, refer to www.r2k.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.