Right to Care
Right to Care is a Johannesburg based nonprofit funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) with a vision that all HIV-positive patients receive high quality treatment, care and support improving their quality of life and productivity.
Right to Care seeks to appoint a Quality Assurance Coordinator, based in Gauteng.
S/he will respond to the Senior Operations Manager.
- Coordinate and facilitate all quality assurance requirements/processes related to Clinical Governance, Infection Control and Prevention Programmes;
- Ensure implementation and monitoring of the six government priority quality improvement areas;
- Support, monitor and evaluate the District Adverse Committee;
- Prepare for health facilities inspections (public);
- Review and update policy files, systems, compliance is in accordance with prescribed protocols;
- Support site coordinators on following up of needs assessments and recommendations are implemented in accordance to set deadlines;
- Assess clinical patient records and ensure that quality patient care is maintained at all times;
- Coordinate, facilitate and participate in the development of all quality assurance requirements/processes related to HCT, TB, PMTCT, Adult and Pediatric HAART, LTFU and Referral Programmes;
- Audit clinical assessments and provide reports on each assessment conducted
- Participate in the planning of site visits and assessments;
- Highlight potential areas of opportunity and synergies for DOH sites;
- Conduct ongoing needs analyses of government supported sites and close of gaps as they arise.
Training and evaluation
- Conduct assessments and capacity building on quality improvement;
- Provide in-service training for Nursing/other relevant health professionals.
- Facilitate investigation and closure of adverse incidents reported;
- Participate in research projects.
- Work towards set objectives as set out in strategic planning sessions
- Attend relevant meetings;
- Build and maintain sound working relationships with partners as assigned;
- Formulate, audit and oversee SOP’s;
- Provide monthly reports;
- Manage and distribute training received.
- Diploma in nursing (general nursing science, psychiatry, community and midwifery);
- Nursing education with a diploma/degree in HIV management;
- Registered with SANC;
- Minimum of three years experience in nursing education, two in management and leadership and four years clinical HIV;
- Microsoft Office proficient (Word/Excel);
- Must have valid driver’s licence;
- Must have above average auditing and communication skills;
- Must be able to pay attention to detail and write clear and concise reports;
- Must have above average management and leadership skills.
Note: This position entails travelling within the two Gauteng districts in all allocated sites.
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter to Khanyisile.Kheswa@righttocare.org or fax to: 086 549 2925.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Should you not receive a response to your application from Right to Care within one month of this advert being placed, consider your application as being unsuccessful.
For more about Right to Care, refer to www.righttocare.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.