Creative Consulting & Developments Works
CREATIVE CONSULTING & DEVELOPMENT WORKS is a well-established research, evaluation and communications consultancy specialising in providing research and evaluation technical support to our clients active in the development sector in the Southern African region. In operation for close to 10 years, the consultancy has experienced significant growth over the past year years.
We wish to employ two experienced Researchers to join our Research Team based in Cape Town.
- Develop research and evaluation proposals, budgets and workplans
- Develop and shape research projects and initiatives
- Develop M&E systems, frameworks, indicators and methodologies
- Develop research instruments and survey tools
- Conduct research fieldwork and collect data
- Analyse findings and draft research and evaluation reports
- Present research and evaluation findings to clients
- Engage with clients at all levels
- Attend and participate in workshops and conferences
- Contribute meaningfully to the growth of the consultancy
- A Masters degree in Social Sciences, Public Health, Development Studies, Psychology, Law, Public Finance or any other relevant field;
- Candidates with experience in one or more of the following areas are encouraged to apply : education, public health, civil society advocacy, gender, youth, economic development, public financial management or accounting.
- Excellent qualitative, participatory research skills (quantitative skills will be an advantage);
- Significant experience in research methods and application, including design, data collection techniques, data analysis and report writing are essential requirements;
- Preference will be given to candidates who have completed postgraduate studies in M&E methods and/or worked previously in a research & evaluation consultancy or research institution;
- Experience with conducting process and outcome evaluations, baselines and impact assessments would be a significant advantage;
- Excellent report writing skills and analytical approach and abilities;
- Excellent written, verbal and organisational skills and ability to engage at all levels;
- Demonstrated effective planning and organizational management skills;
- English language skills are essential, with proficiency in other South African languages being an advantage;
- Ability to self manage, work with minimal supervision, contribute meaningfully and collaboratively to team efforts and outputs in a fast-paced consulting environment.
This position would suit a flexible and experienced, articulate researcher that works well in a team, is target driven, ambitious and hard working.
South African citizens will only be considered for this position. You will be required to travel throughout South Africa and require a drivers license. You should preferably reside in Cape Town.
A competitive compensation package is offered.
Apply to email@example.com before 23 July 2012
- send us your CV, letter of motivation, 3 contactable references and your salary expectations.
We reserve the right to not make an appointment.
Interviews will be conducted in Cape Town - only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about CREATIVE CONSULTING & DEVELOPMENT WORKS visit www.developmentworks.co.za