The Regional Psychosocial Support Initiative (REPSSI) is a leading African psychosocial support organisation working in thirteen countries in East and Southern Africa. REPSSI’s vision is that all communities and families nurture, protect and empower their children and youth.
REPSSI seeks to appoint a Regional Training Coordinator.
In consultation with and reporting to the Head: Programmatic Affairs, the Regional Training Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring that REPSSI has adequate technical capacity to deliver quality, accredited and effective psychosocial support training within the East and Southern African social, political and economic context.
S/he will oversee and quality assures all staff activities related to training and accreditation, and will have direct line management responsibility for Regional Training Officers(s). S/he will be required to work in close collaboration with the Country Teams, Manager: Knowledge Development and Learning, Regional Coordinator: Certified Courses, Advisor: Children’s New Business and the Head: Research.
- Develop and implement REPSSI Training Strategy;
- Develop and manage annual operational plans and budgets to meet agreed targets;
- Develop REPSSI training quality standards and ensure the quality of training delivery and assessments meet those standards (compliance);
- Lead and coordinate the REPSSI training team, inclusive of national training officers and affiliated trainers;
- Ensure adequate capacity within the REPSSI training team through the development and implementation of a routine capacity sustainability plan;
- Coordinate national and regional accreditation of REPSSI training resources / materials and courses/workshops;
- Orient and mentor all REPSSI staff on new REPSSI programming and training resources, as well as those developed by others and endorsed by REPSSI;
- Identify and implement new training courses / workshops to respond to evolving regional PSS requirements;
- Manage and support all training related activities, nationally and regionally;
- Facilitate and manage REPSSI endorsement of PSS training programmes and manuals developed by REPSSI partners and/or affiliated individuals;
- Collaborate with technical subject master experts to customise curricula to developing contexts;
- Establish and manage affiliations or short-term technical assistance providers;
- Recruit and manage contracted trainers and assessors in line with operational standards;
- Establish, maintain and review profitable and viable external training partnerships to generate income;
- Monitor and report on the progress and outcomes of REPSSI training operation.
- Advanced degree in Education, Social Sciences, Public Health or a related field;
- Minimum of five years’ successfully experience designing, implementing and coordinating multi-country training programmes;
- Should be fully conversant with national skills development legislation and associated qualifications authorities;
- Registered with at least one national education and/or training authority as an accredited trainer / facilitator;
- Excellence in written English;
- Practical and theoretical understanding of mental health and/or psychosocial support;
- Competence in designing, delivering and reporting on multi-year training programmes;
- Excellent oral presentation, communication and networking skills.
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter to the HR Officer at email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Regional Psychosocial Support Initiative, refer to www.repssi.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ngopulse