The Relate Trust
Relate Trust is a South African not-for-profit social enterprise that creates social investment opportunities to change lives.
Relate seeks to appoint a Production Manager, based in Cape Town.
The purpose of this position is to plan, organize and control production in the organisation to ensure that goods are produced efficiently - on time, within budget and to the required quality standard.
The production manager is the owner of all product and logistics activities in the organization. The job incumbent needs to be able to persuade, and influence and encourage others in order to achieve production objectives and perform successfully within the 1/3 Relate model.
The job incumbent is accountable and responsible for the product with regard to quality, pricing, creativity and innovation as well as the management and distribution thereof, in order to meet the overall satisfaction levels of key account and general customers.
- Post-matric diploma in production management or similar;
- Minimum of three years working experience in a production/quality control department, with project management experience;
- An understanding of manufacturing processes (including inventory systems, understanding different product specifications, and the mechanisms / systems required to produce our product)
- Knowledge of quality systems, standards and related legislation
- Knowledge of health and safety standards and compliance
- Solid computer skills;
- Maths calculations and IT skills;
- Ability to manage on an operational level whilst remaining focused on the larger strategic mission and vision;
- People management skills.
- Influencing skills –Ability to influence others without any authority– getting others to adopt the production manager’s priorities and do things necessary to help the product succeed;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Good presentation skills;
- The ability to make effective decisions and solve problems under pressure;
- Deadline orientated and the ability to work to deadlines;
- Attention to detail.
To apply, submit a CV (maximum three pages), contact details of at least two references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Late applications will be disregarded. Relate Trust reserves the right to vary the requirements and not to fill this position. Should you not receive a response within two weeks kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about the Relate Trust, refer to www.relate.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.