Regional Psychosocial Support Initiative (REPSSI)
The Regional Psychosocial Support Initiative (REPSSI) is a nonprofit that works to lessen the devastating social and emotional impact of HIV/AIDS, poverty and conflict among children and youth.
REPSSI seeks to appoint a Fundraiser, based in Randburg, Gauteng with some travel within the region.
- Make contact and develop partnerships with local and international corporate, government aid agencies and foundations, especially those interested in children’s issues;
- Identify and research potential new funding opportunities;
- Review and simplify complex technical information on call for proposals and coordinate the preparation, write and timely submit comprehensive, concept notes and accurate grants proposals, and other documents for to attract new funding;
- Liaise with communications and advocacy team to plan and coordinate profile-raising events for resource mobilisation;
- Stay apprised of organisational priorities and challenges;
- Provide input and execute strategies to maintain current funding and generate increased resources;
- Compile and maintain research and reference materials applicable to resource development; Support the Executive Director in maintaining positive relationships with funders and work closely with various departments within REPSSI to enhance the overall REPSSI resource base;
- Facilitate the negotiation and signature of funding agreements and support adherence to the funding contractual agreements;
- Represent REPSSI at donor meetings; present REPSSI programme/reports and proposals;
- Manage donor expectations and communicate with donors regularly to keep them informed of REPSSI’s achievements and needs;
- Provide briefings, presentations and other materials for prospective donors and further resource mobilisation opportunities.
- Postgraduate degree in social sciences, development international studies, public relations or a related field with very good understanding of the issues affecting children and their social and emotional wellbeing in the region;
- Minimum of four years experience in resource mobilisation and establishing funding partnerships in the development field with extensive proven experience on fundraising for African NGOs from national governments, foundations, international donors and the Corporate Social Investments;
- Ability to conduct donor scoping and develop concept notes and proposals for a variety of funding sources;
- Ability to research and identify funding opportunities for the REPSSI programme and projects based on sound knowledge of the funding patterns/interests and socio-economic conditions in region and internationally;
- Experience in project management and implementation, financial and budget procedures and information management systems, grant management is paramount;
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills in English coupled with a confident and outgoing demeanour which enables networking for fundraising;
- Highly motivated, proactive, organised with the ability to maintain a funding partner profile/database, timelines and follow-up processes;
- Ability to effectively work under pressure, use independent judgment and produce quality work product within tight time constraints;
- Team player/leader with ability to coordinate input from others;
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Note this is a local positions which does not come with any transfer/relocation benefits should the successful incumbents not be based in Johannesburg.
South African citizens are encouraged to apply.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Should you not receive a response from REPSSI within two weeks of application closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
REPSSI reserves the right not to fill the position.
For more about the Regional Psychosocial Support Initiative, refer to www.repssi.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.