Regional Psychosocial Support Initiative: Finance Intern
Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 15:16
Regional Psychosocial Support Initiative (REPSSI)
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Friday, May 10, 2013
REPSSI seeks to recruit a Finance Intern, based at its Secretariat in Johannesburg.
S/he will provide efficient finance support to the Secretariat in order to ensure an effective operation of all departments at the Secretariat.
This is a three-month internship.
- Budget management;
- Payments of goods and services;
- Processing of monthly reports, cash management and record keeping;
- Logistical preparations for programme meetings and workshops;
- Filing and safekeeping of documents;
- Carry out tasks assigned by the Head Finance and Corporate Affairs and work with the Regional Finance Officer on other reports.
- Degree level education, ideally with some Finance and Business Administration (may be studying for an accountancy/finance qualification);
- Minimum of three years experience in bookkeeping or auditing in a reputable organisation;
- Working experience with NGO is an asset;
- Ability to present data in easily accessible way;
- Excellent organisational, planning and logistical skills with a proactive attitude and attention to detail;
- Ability to work efficiently under time pressure;
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately;
- Skilled at prioritising and completing multiple tasks;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as in a team environment;
- Experience with USAID - PEPFAR as well as other bilateral and multilateral donor Finance reporting requirements preferred.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Should you not receive a response from REPSSI within two weeks of application closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
REPSSI reserves the right not to fill the position.
For more about the Regional Psychosocial Support Initiative, refer to www.repssi.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.