Regional Psychosocial Support Initiative: Communications Officer
Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 10:13
Regional Psychosocial Support Initiative (REPSSI)
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Monday, June 4, 2012
REPSSI seeks to appoint a Communications Officer, based in Randburg, Gauteng with some travel within the region.
The person will support the development of strategies and materials for effective communication.
- Develop strategies to engage with and communicate the REPSSI programme to different stakeholders;
- Establish REPSSI communications network, assist in the promotion of the organisation’s brand identity and public relations, including the effective management of the organisation’s web presence (regularly updating the website with stories and news identified via online news feeds, social media, partner websites, and by repackaging REPSSI’s impact stories), production and dissemination of publications, newsletters, news releases, brochures and other written materials;
- Provide support to REPSSI’s advocacy efforts by creating advocacy and IEC materials in liaison with relevant staff;
- Develop and implement a media engagement strategy and maintain relationships with regional media organisations;
- Produce regular content for the media (press releases and articles);
- Produce, in liaison with other REPSSI staff, corporate and campaign materials (documentaries, animation, photographs) which reflect REPSSI’s work and messages;
- Contribute to planning of and arrangements for REPSSI events, in particular regarding the production of event materials (leaflets, posters), and ensuring events are effectively branded;
- In collaboration with programme staff, the Communications Officer will be exposed to the field to document promising practices and most significant changes, write, edit and publish information about the organisation to both external and internal audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, public relations or a related field, but a Masters degree will be preferred, with three years work experience in public relations, branding, social media, advocacy and internet communication, and has photography and video skills;
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English;
- Articulate in written and verbal communication;
- Experience in producing and editing written materials for a variety of audiences; ICT fluency (Microsoft Office, layout and publishing software using PhotoShop); information management; design/branding; producing content for web, social media and experience in media relations;
- Experience in the NGO sector;
- Knowledge of Swahili, Portuguese or French;
- Ability to manage tasks and workload, team player with good presentation skills;
- Self-starter with good organisational skills;
- Understanding of issues affecting children in the region will be an added advantages.
South African citizens are encouraged to apply.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Should you not receive a response from REPSSI within two weeks of application closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
REPSSI reserves the right not to fill the position.
For more about the Regional Psychosocial Support Initiative, refer to www.repssi.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.