REAP: Student Development Advisor - Western Cape
Rural Education Access Programme
REAP seeks to appoint a Student Development Advisor - Western Cape, based in Cape Town but may relocate to Port Elizabeth within two years.
S/he is expected to be a graduate, preferably in social sciences or education with excellent administration and communication skills. S/he will relate to both rural students and higher education institutional staff, and operate well as part of a team.
- Student support and counselling;
- Loan and grant administration;
- Selection processes and interviews;
- Institution, stake holder and service provider networking;
- Workshop organisation and facilitation;
- Record keeping and report writing;
- Human resource management.
- University qualification preferably in education or humanities;
- Minimum of three years relevant working experience;
- Fluency in an African language of South Africa;
- Ability to travel nationally;
- Fluency in English (spoken and written);
- Budgeting and administration experience;
- Planning and self-management;
- Computer literacy and report writing skills;
- Team player with leadership skills;
- Confidence, integrity and professional maturity;
- Subscribe to the ethos of a community serving humanity;
- Ability to work independently in higher education institutions in Western and Eastern Cape provinces;
- Valid driver’s licence.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of three contactable referees and motivation letter clearly stating how you meet the requirements to the Director at email@example.com or fax to: 021 696 9572. Alternatively, post to PO Box 198, Athlone, 7760, Cape Town.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Rural Education Access Programme, refer www.reap.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.