Rural Education Access Programme
The Rural Education Access Programme (REAP) is an associate body of the Southern African Catholic Bishops’ Conference (SACBC) that facilitates access to higher education for economically disadvantaged rural matriculants.
REAP seeks to appoint a Student Development Advisor - Western Cape, based in Cape Town but may relocate to Port Elizabeth within two years.
S/he is expected to be a graduate, preferably in social sciences or education with excellent administration and communication skills. S/he will relate to both rural students and higher education institutional staff, and operate well as part of a team.
- Student support and counselling;
- Loan and grant administration;
- Selection processes and interviews;
- Institution, stake holder and service provider networking;
- Workshop organisation and facilitation;
- Record keeping and report writing;
- Human resource management.
- University qualification preferably in education or humanities;
- Minimum of three years relevant working experience;
- Fluency in an African language of South Africa;
- Ability to travel nationally;
- Fluency in English (spoken and written);
- Budgeting and administration experience;
- Planning and self-management;
- Computer literacy and report writing skills;
- Team player with leadership skills;
- Confidence, integrity and professional maturity;
- Subscribe to the ethos of a community serving humanity;
- Ability to work independently in higher education institutions in Western and Eastern Cape provinces;
- Valid driver’s licence.
Salary: R13 000 - R16 000 per month plus benefits depending on experience and qualifications.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of three contactable referees and motivation letter clearly stating how you meet the requirements to the Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 021 696 9572. Alternatively, post to PO Box 198, Athlone, 7760, Cape Town.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Rural Education Access Programme, refer www.reap.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.