Rural Education Access Programme
The Rural Education Access Programme (REAP) is an associate body of the Southern African Catholic Bishops’ Conference (SACBC) that facilitates access to higher education for economically disadvantaged rural matriculants.
REAP seeks to appoint a talented and dedicated professional as Recruitment and Selection Manager, based in Cape Town with some national travel.
S/he will manage the recruitment and selection process of up to 300 new tertiary students per year. S/he is expected to be extremely well organised, able to relate to a range of community, NGO and corporate recruitment partners. S/he will be a self-starter, team player and excellent communicator.
- Manage relationships with national volunteer network;
- Oversee data capturing;
- Manage and oversee the selection process;
- Report to recruitment networks on student progress;
- Expand the recruitment network (in collaboration with Director);
- Develop process, policy and practice for schools and universities as a direct route to intake.
- University qualification preferably in education or humanities;
- Minimum of three years relevant working experience including at least two years at management level;
- Fluency in an African language of South Africa;
- Ability to travel nationally;
- Fluency in English (spoken and written);
- Excellent organisation and administration skills;
- Planning and self-management;
- Computer literacy and report writing skills;
- Excellent communication and relational skills;
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide range of community volunteers, NGO and corporate recruitment partners;
- Subscribe to the ethos of a community serving humanity;
- Ability to work independently and proactively;
- Valid driver’s licence.
Starting date: May 2012.
Salary: R21 000 - R23 000 per month plus benefits.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of three contactable referees and motivation letter clearly stating how you meet the requirements to the Director at email@example.com or fax to: 021 696 9572. Alternatively, post to PO Box 198, Athlone, 7760, Cape Town.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Rural Education Access Programme, refer www.reap.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Secure your place in the 25th anniversary edition of the Prodder NGO Directory which will be released on 24 October 2012. Refer to www.prodder.org.za for more information.